We are a Data Controller under the terms of the Data Protection Act 2017 and the requirements of the EU General Data Protection Regulation. This Privacy Notice explains what Personal Data, Berwick's Barking Beauties, holds, why we hold and process it, who we might share it with, and your rights and freedoms under the Law.
Types of Personal Data
Berwick's Barking Beauties holds personal data in the following categories:
1. Customer and Animal data and Correspondence.
2. Staff employment data.
3. Contractors’ data.
Why we process Personal Data (what is the “purpose”)
“Process” means we obtain, store, update and archive data.
1. Customer and Animal data is held for the purpose of keeping accounting records.
2. Staff employment data is held in accordance with Employment, Taxation and Pensions law.
3. Contractors’ data is held for the purpose of managing their contracts.
What is the Lawful Basis for processing Personal Data?
The Law says we must tell you this:
1. We hold customer and animal data because it is in our Legitimate Interest to do so. Without holding the data we cannot work effectively.
2. We hold staff employment data because it is a Legal Obligation for us to do so.
3. We hold contractors’ data because it is needed to Fulfil a Contract with us.
Who might we share your data with?
We can only share data if it is done securely and it is necessary to do so.
1. Customer and Animal data may be shared with other animal healthcare professionals who need to be involved in the care of your animal. An example if we refer your animal to a Vetinary Practice for treatment. Customer and animal information may be shared with other professionals for accounting records.
2. Employment data will be shared with government agencies such as HMRC.
You have the right to:
1. Be informed about the personal data we hold and why we hold it.
2. Access a copy of your data that we hold by contacting us directly: we will acknowledge your request and supply a response within one month or sooner.
3. Check the information we hold about you is correct and to make corrections if not.
4. Have your data erased in certain circumstances.
5. Transfer your data to someone else if you tell us to do so and it is safe and legal to do so.
6. Tell us not to actively process or update your data in certain circumstances.
How long is the Personal Data stored for?
1. We will store animal data for as long as we are providing care. We will store customer data for as long as is required to complete annual accounting records .
2. We must store employment data for six years after an employee has left.
3. We must store contractors’ data for seven years after the contract is ended.
What if you are not happy or wish to raise a concern about our data processing?
You can complain in the first instance to us and we will do our best to resolve the matter. If this fails, you can complain to the Information Commissioner at www.ico.org.uk/concerns or by calling 0303 123 1113.